Three months ago today, Connor proposed to me in Napa and made me the happiest woman alive! It is crazy just how quickly time is passing by, but with our wedding coming up in November, we are in full-time planning mode!
We are having so much fun with the wedding planning process, but one part of wedding planning that I was really looking forward to was “proposing” to my bridal party!
I used Connor’s idea of proposing in wine country as inspiration for my bridesmaid proposal by inviting my sister (MOH-to-be) and seven of my best friends (bridesmaids-to-be) over for a wine / cheese / dessert night. I started spending all of my free time on Etsy, and I decided to make baskets for each one of them, filled with the below:
- A mini bottle of rosé with Maid of Honor and Bridesmaid labels
- Stemless wine glasses customized with everyone’s names (I got one that says Bride, and my sister got one that says Maid of Honor!)
- Cards that say “ain’t no party like a bridal party!” (which reminded me of Michael Scott’s famous line from The Office about Scranton parties — fitting, as Connor and I met in Scranton!)
- Shirts (inspired by the cards) that say “Wife of the Party” for me and “The Party” for the bridal party
- Baskets to hold all of the gifts — gold for my Maid of Honor and white for my Bridesmaids
I wanted everyone to have the same baskets, but I wanted to do a little something extra for my sister since she is my Maid of Honor. I added in an Eternity® Rose from Venus ET Fleur® for her in her basket!
After spending quite a bit of time elbow deep in shredded paper, glitter tulle ribbon and cellophane with my mom and sister, the baskets were created. I set out snacks, made a cheese board and kept the wine flowing as the girls arrived for the night.
For the most part, the girls all had a feeling the “proposal” was coming, but it was still so special and fun to spend the time with them talking about bachelorette ideas and discussing wedding plans! Each one of the girls I asked has had a profound impact on my life and has been by my side since the day I met each one of them. I am so excited and blessed to have these girls stand with my on one of the best days of my life, and I cannot wait to continue the wedding process with them!