Thanksgiving is just a few days away, and I am so excited to see my family and share an incredible meal together. I have been testing out different recipes that I can bring for our Thanksgiving feast, and this slow cooker apple cider has definitely made the list. Not only does it taste delicious, but it will also make your house smell amazing while it is cooking!
5 gala apples, sliced
1 orange, peeled and sliced
5 cinnamon sticks
3/4 cup of cranberries
6 cups of water
• Cut the tops and bottoms off of the apples before slicing and placing the pieces into the slow cooker. Peel and slice the orange and add it to the pot as well. Add in the cranberries, cinnamon sticks and the water, and stir.
• Cook the mixture on high for four hours.
• Once the cider has finished, mash the fruit pieces into the mixture (I used a potato masher).
• Strain the mixture through a sieve.
• Pour into cups, top with some cooked cranberries and enjoy!