Quick, easy dinners are my favorite; especially because I tend to cook most of my meals in the mornings before I have to be at work. This chicken stir-fry dish is tasty, healthy and simple to make! Plus, this recipe is great for two, with plenty for leftovers! Happy cooking!
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice, no pulp
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 bag of brown or white rice
Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium heat, then add in the chicken and sauté for four minutes. Remove the chicken, and add in the onion. Once the onion is translucent, add in the peppers. Cook the peppers and onion for three minutes before adding the chicken back in.
In a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, cornstarch, orange juice, ground ginger, black pepper and salt. Once combined, pour over the chicken, peppers and onion. Continue to cook for eight more minutes.
In the meantime, cook one bag of brown or white rice, depending on your preference, and add it to the stir-fry once it’s done. Mix everything together, and enjoy!